When i heard about the class on How to Start a Startup was going to start, i was very excited. I signed up and waiting for the time. And, Finally time came. The first class was Why to Start a Startup, Sam will be starting things off tomorrow, and Dustin Moskovitz (cofounder of Facebook, Asana, and Good Ventures) will cover it.
Here are some points i learn from it.
- If you think you can earn lots from Startup, it’s better to do other things. You should drive from your passion of solving problem. You should believe on your idea.
- If people are laughing at your idea, you should be happy you can be next world changer. Facebook, iPhone has similar history.
- 4 things that make a great startup – Idea, Product, Team, and Execution
- What ever you are building, think about your customer first: Think about what they want.
- Remember Market at first
- After all Startup is about team effort, so find the potential co-founder.
- Great Idea -> Great Product -> Great Company
- First build the product and talk the user.
- Yes, you might need other things like Adviser, Sales, Business plan, but at first ignore all.
- No matter how many users are you getting at first, if that small number is loving it, you have build good.
- Latter large number of people will also like it.
- So start with smaller number.
- First users come manually, work close with them. Take feedback from them.
- Think about – What do they like? What would they pay for? What would make them recommended it?
- Don’t put anyone between you and your customers
- Be available for every time.
Here is the total lecture :
You can see video also here